Math Puzzles and Games
1. You begin reading a book 240 pages
long. If you read half of the remaining book each day how long
would it take you to finish the book?
2. Add a single line to the equation in order to make it true
(the 'equals' sign remains unchanged).
105 + 2 + 5 = 350
3. What is the product of the following
(x-a), (x-b), (x-c), .....(x-z) ?
4. An old man said to a young man, "I have
a daughter. She has as many brothers as she has sisters. Each
one of her brothers has twice as many sisters as he has
brothers. How many sons and daughters do I have?
5. What number when multiplied against
itself will result in a number which includes the numbers (1 -
9) in forward order, and then descending in order from the 9?
(i.e., to get the number: 12,345,678,987,654,321)